Local web sites for and about Wolverhampton
- Wolverhampton Visitor Information Point, including hotel information.
- Wolverhampton Arts and Museums: details of local museums and exhibitions.
- Wolverhampton Council – plenty of information about the town, including street maps, cycling routes, trading standards and leisure facilities.
- Wolverhampton “Scores on the Doors” – local food retailers scores for food safety (also see Council page).
- Wolverhampton Grand Theatre: details of current and forthcoming events.
- Civic Hall and Wulfrun Hall.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club. See also, Wanderers Women’s Team and Wolves Central.
- Travel West Midlands and the Wolverhampton to Birmingham Metro web sites detail routes into town. There are plenty of pubs along the Metro route.
- WCR FM: Wolverhampton’s Community Radio station. Taste Wolverhampton is broadcast on WCRfm on Sunday mornings 8.00-10.00am.
Food and Drink: recommended web sites
- Food Standards Agency: food alerts and the latest food news. This site provides both the Food Alerts that feature in the programme around 9.30 am, but also other everyday products that have been withdrawn from sale for one reason or another.
- Scores on the Doors: check which places in Wolverhampton are deemed safe to eat in.
- British Dietetic Association: the professional association for dietitians, with a wealth of food fact sheets: scientifically-based information about food, drink and nutrition.
Good Drink sites (mostly local)
- Glory of Wine: you can hear Simon every fortnight on Taste Wolverhampton, with his on-air tastings and recommendations. You can also book him for your own wine tastings.
- CAMRA HQ main web site, including lots of information about beer, why CAMRA supports real ale and what real ale is, links to all CAMRA branches with web sites and how you can join the Campaign for Real Ale.
- What Pub? CAMRA’s on-line pubs list. Unlike other pub guides, pubs do not pay to be in the CAMRA guides.
- Local CAMRA branches: Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Bridgnorth, Dudley, Burton, Lichfield, Potteries, Shrewsbury, Heart of Staffordshire, Stourbridge, Telford, and Walsall.
- Marstons: the owners of Wolverhampton & Dudley brewery, Marstons, Jennings, Wychbold and others.
- Morton’s Brewery: brewing in Essington, a small village on the Cannock side of Wolverhampton, and owners of Hail to the Ale: the first micropub in the West Midlands, sited at Pendeford Avenue, Wolverhampton, which opened in September 2013.
- Brough Brewery: rugby fan and brewing fine real ales in Wolverhampton.
- Sacre Brew: a Wolverhampton brewery specialising in European and American influenced beers. Closing mid-2017 but premises will continue brewing under a new name.
- West Midlands page of Pub History Society’s Bibliography of Publications relating to Public Houses, Inns and Taverns.
Good Food sites (mostly local)
- Great Food Club: very good directory and offers, primarily for the East Midlands.
Being listed on this page should not be construed as a recommendation. Please send recommendations for the page and the events calendar via the Contact page.